Local Support Partners
Carruthers Hall's Local Support Partners or LSPs are the go to department when something has gone awry with your computer or devices. The LSPs assist with software installation and upgrades, desktop deployment, device trouble shooting, network support and access, and much more.
If you are expriencing any problems
please submit a help desk ticket.
Trouble Shooting Tips to try
before contacting the help desk.
My Computer/Monitor won't turn on:
- Check that the power strip did not accidently get switched off or become unplugged.
- Verify all of your power cables (machine and monitors) are securely plugged in on both ends.
- If power is still an issue, unplug each cable (power strip too) at both ends and plug them back in.
- Try a different plug on the powerstrip if possible.
- Verify the laptop is securely mounted on the dock.
- Check that all video and/or audio cables are secure.
My Computer/Monitor or an application is behaving abnormally:
- Restart your machine.
- Close any open windows/tabs/applications.
- Undock and re-dock the laptop.
- Turn monitors off and back on again.
- Try another browser if the application is browser-based.
- Use Google, etc. to search for possible solutions.
I can't connect to: the Internet, Mapped Drives, or Integrated Systems:
- Internet: Verify your internet cable on the back of the dock is secure.
- Internet: Unplug and plug the internet cable back in on the back of the dock.
- Internet: Verify the internet cable is secure on your phone, unplug and plug back in.
- Wireless: Disconnect if it says you are connected but still isn't fuctioning, and then attempt to reconnect.
- IS & Mapped Drives: Verify you are connected to the VPN.
- Mapped Drives: If your VPN is verified, run the "map_drives.bat" file on your desktop.
- IS: Check you are not attempting to use both the wired and wireless connection at the same time.
- IS: Clear your browser history, close the browser, open it and try again.
The LSPs are more than happy to assist you with any of these issues listed above.Please click the link below to submit a help desk ticket. This enables the LSPs to be more efficient in their job, and effective in supporting UVA Finance.One of our LSPs will notify you that your ticket has been received and help you troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible. The more details you give when placing a help request, the better the LSPs can assist you.